This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site Washapp.lk (our site) and/or Mobile app and/or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, addresses, e-mail address, you gender, your age and phone number. Washapp will not be responsible for any problems or liability related to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information, whether due to your failure to update such Personal Information or otherwise. If you register for an Account through the use of a FB or Google Website Profile, in addition to providing us with certain Personal Information as we use the information you have already provided to the FB Website in registering for an account and which you have allowed the FB Website to share with Washapp, including, but not limited to, your first name, your FB Website user profile picture, your friend's list, pages you are a fan of, your gender, and the networks to which you belong (collectively, your "Submitted Information").
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site and App, we may automatically collect the following information:
When you wish to process an order for certain services through the App (each, an “Order”), you must provide us with certain information about the transaction you are seeking to execute, such as number of articles of clothing, type of articles of clothing, time for pick-up/drop-off, cleaning preferences, including but not limited to starch level, cleaning preferences, fabric softener preferences, on-demand pick-up, scheduled pick-up (collectively, the “Order Information”).
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by means including (post, telephone, e-mail, push notification or SMS, etc.) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
to notify you about changes to our service;
to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
to administer our site, app and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
to improve our site and App to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
o Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
o Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Colombo). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
o Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site and app.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
o In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
o If Washapp Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
o If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions www.washapp.lk/terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Washapp Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
o All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
o We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We hope that you will understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable, and that accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases. Any data transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
o You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.